Pupa

Hi All,
I've been on a slight anime kick after having not watched it for so long. I stumbled across this anime called PUPA. A lot of people were saying how scary/wrong/weird things about this show, so I decided I had to give it a shot.

Alternative Titles

Japanese: ピューパ

Information

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Jan 10, 2014 to Mar 28, 2014
Duration: 4 min. per episode
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Synopsis

The "life-and-death sibling" story follows Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa, a boy and his little sister who find themselves all alone. One day, Yume sees a mysterious red butterfly and her body undergoes a strange metamorphosis—into a creature that eats humans. Utsutsu struggles to find a way to restore his sister.

I completely finished this anime in one shot. Since the episodes are so short, you can finish this in under an hour. See it as one long movie, I guess. The storyline is lacking, and you kind of spend more time questioning anything. The "gore" is not very... well... scientifically accurate. The blood that spurts in the scenes is just random and crazy. It kind of makes it seem less scary to me for this reason, but I suppose it would still freak out a lot of people. I think my only concern was more of.... is this some weird fetish or something? Eating someone for the pleasure of it? It is really strange. One of those animes where a brother will do ANYTHING AT ALL for his sister. It borderlines creepy in that sense. I think if they could have had the time to make a full series, it could have become something. But alas, it falls short... and this is why the ratings are so low.
If you are looking for something short and weird to watch, feel free. But don't expect much from it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Quote

You fail only if you stop writing.
-Ray Bradbury

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

About

My name is Koeda

I'm into the arts: drawing, doodling, watercolor
I'm into writing: poetry, fantasy, fanfiction

I also enjoy anime, manga, and learning Japanese

Other loves include Cat Obsession, Doctor Who, Clay Animated movies, and Disney movies