Sakura Trick

UPDATED 9/12/2014

I am currently watching a new anime - Sakura Trick!
It is SHOUJO AI (girl/girl) so definitely be careful not to view if you aren't interested!



Synopsis

The story revolves around Haruka and Yuu, two girls who go to a high school that is slated to be shut down in three years. To share something special between them, they share a kiss, and their relationship deepens from that moment onward.

Alternative Titles

Japanese: 桜Trick


Information

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Jan 10, 2014 to Mar 28, 2014
Duration: 24 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older



This anime is very slice-of-life. Don't expect a real story line. Just expect random school life. In fact, I'm on episode 7, and you hardly see any other setting besides the school. 

It is very "cutesy" and girly, with Haruka always being day-dreamy while Yuu is a bit more lazy and manipulative. There are other "couples" in this anime as well, but they too are all female. Also, there's pretty much lesbian kissing in every episode, so if you aren't interested in that, then you should probably stay away. So far, I haven't really come across anything more "hard-core" than kissing. After all, the show is rated PG-13, but I know that there are A LOT of comments all over the internet about how ground-breaking the anime is because of its straight up lesbian coupling. No hinting, no shadowing, no anything.. just right there in your face. It definitely is refreshing.
That being said, I really thought that this was comedic. The way that Haruka responds to everything makes the show (IMO). She just comes up with the most outlandish "cute" daydreams out there for like any situation. 

UPDATED INFO:
I have FINALLY finished this anime. I kept putting off anime due to school and work. Anywho, as for the storyline, there isn't very much to this anime. It really is simply a slice-of-life deal with nothing really much in it. However, it remained sweet and cute until the very end. I kind of actually hope for a second season that really brings their relationship deeper. Oh, well, I can hope :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Quote

You fail only if you stop writing.
-Ray Bradbury

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

About

My name is Koeda

I'm into the arts: drawing, doodling, watercolor
I'm into writing: poetry, fantasy, fanfiction

I also enjoy anime, manga, and learning Japanese

Other loves include Cat Obsession, Doctor Who, Clay Animated movies, and Disney movies